Clip ‘n Climb Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions together with the general information contained on this website, form the basis of your contract with BCWanaka Ltd (trading as Basecamp Adventures. In both Wanaka and Queenstown – here after, Basecamp/Clip ’n Climb) which applies to your booking via this website.
Bookings made and paid for online are considered firm, by ticking that you have read the terms and conditions and the pay now button you agree that all information provided, including peoples ages, is correct and that you have read, understand and will adhere to these Terms and Conditions.
Acknowledgement of Risk
Safety is a priority at Basecamp Adventures. Although we take all steps reasonably practicable to create and operate a safe environment for guests and staff, you are also responsible for your own safety while you are using the facility. Hazards and risks such as falling from height still exist, so to help us maintain a safe environment, please abide by the rules
You are responsible to:
- Provide staff with a valid COVID vaccination pass for everyone 12 years of age and over.
- Arrive 5-10 minutes before your session is scheduled to start
- Wear suitable footwear that covers your toes (not climbing shoes please)
- Understand that the sport wall and bouldering is separate and is not included in the Clip ‘n Climb entry price
- Children (under 14 years old) require adult supervision
- Adults to help/check children in their care
- If you are intoxicated or impaired due to any drugs (legal or not), including alcohol, inform staff. You may be refused entry or asked to leave
- Alert staff to any unsafe situations or hazards that you see; e.g. damaged or misuse of equipment
- Harnesses to be checked by staff after toilet breaks and if layers of clothing are adjusted
- Empty pockets of loose and/or sharp items, and it’s recommended to remove jewellery (rings)
- Be aware of climbers above and people below you
- Do not use chalk in Clip ’n Climb
- You must receive a briefing before use
- You must use Clip ‘n Climb as per instructions in briefing and follow all instructions from Basecamp/Clip ’n Climb staff. Ask if you don’t understand or have questions.
The briefing will include:
- You must be clipped in before climbing – no bouldering in Clip ‘n Climb
- After clipping in, check yourself (or get checked by another person)
- Going up – Clip to your harness before unclipping the floor mat
- Leaving the climb – Clip to the floor mat before unclipping from your harness
- Clip to the correct line for the challenge and only to that line
- The line must be tight before letting go – if there is slack in the line; Stop! If there is still slack in the line, call for help
- The line is for safety only (not to be used as an aid to climb). If you do hold the line, hold the thicker bit (usually blue)
- If the line goes up (gets let go), LEAVE IT and notify staff
- Always step off the Stairway to Heaven towards the middle
- The Leap of Faith requires extra equipment and staff to operate safely
- The Vertical Drop Slide requires extra equipment and staff to operate safely
- Be especially aware of walls and people behind you when letting go
By clicking the box you have agreed you (and minors in your care) understand some risk still exists, and that you/they will follow these guidelines. If people are NOT following the guidelines, one of our friendly staff will kindly remind you of your responsibility. If you persist in ignoring these guidelines, one of our not so friendly staff may ask you to leave.
You may cancel or modify your booking at no charge up to 24hrs in advance by calling + 64 3 443 1110. Email and answerphone cancelations are not guaranteed to be received before this and exception of this is at Basecamp’s discretion.
If you cancel or modify less than 24hrs before, do not turn up, or have different numbers,
no refund will be given and extras will only be excepted if there is space available, the full fair will be charged for any extras.We regret we cannot make exceptions for personal emergencies.
Basecamp/Clip ’n Climb reserves the right to change or modify your booking, in the unlikely event we are required to, our staff will contact you, if another time slot is not able to be agreed upon, a full refund will be given.
All prices are in New Zealand Dollars and inclusive of 15% GST (Goods and Service Tax). We do not accept payment in any other currency. Your card issuer may apply charges for converting currency. These charges are applied by your card issuer, we accept no responsibility for these. We reserve the right to change our prices without notice.