As the COVID-19 outbreak continues to evolve, Basecamp Adventures is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for our customers and community in our Wanaka and Queenstown Climbing Centres.
The steps we have taken to minimise risk to our customers and staff are:
- Maximum cap of 100 people in the centre at any one time. We do not regularly reach this number of people, however, we will measure peak periods to meet this requirement
- Maintain a high level of hygiene and cleanliness, including cleaning high-touch areas several times a day, e.g. iPads, door handles, countertops, bathrooms and railings
- Mandatory hand washing before and after climbing
- Weekly route changes, section by section. Cleaning holds when they are stripped from the wall
- Postpone any upcoming competitions until further notice, this includes the indoor day of the ‘Battle of the Crown’ scheduled for Sunday 22nd of March. The outdoor component on Saturday 21 March will go ahead as scheduled
You can also help by
- Staying at home if you are feeling unwell
- Coughing or sneezing into your elbow and immediately putting used tissues into the bin
- Washing your hands before and after climbing, as well as before eating and after using the bathroom
- Avoid touching your face, nose or mouth
- Use of liquid chalk (75%+ alcohol) is encouraged
- Maintain physical distancing where possible. E.g. use alternatives to shaking hands, hugging or giving high-fives; keep an empty rope between climbers; and choosing to climb in non-peak times (before 3pm weekdays)
If you have recently returned from overseas please maintain self-isolation for 14 days (and perhaps dust off the hangboard!)
Our afterschool program will run as usual – class sizes are limited already. However, we will continue to monitor these time periods to maintain requirements and will be encouraging students to maintain the above guidelines.
We will also continue running our outdoor trips, maintaining physical distancing and hygiene measures as appropriate to the environment.
For full advice regarding COVID-19 please visit https://covid19.govt.nz/